A recipe for romance in the kitchen...

OK. Here's where I admit that I can't stand banana bread...unless it's loaded with chocolate chips and minus the nuts. I've got a fantastic recipe that's been tucked in my cookbook so long, I don't know where it originated.

And it has an added bonus...Hubby might chase you around the kitchen to lick the chocolate off your lips! 
But if he doesn't, don't be shy!
Enjoy! 




Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten light
3/4 c sugar
2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate chips, however many you like

Crush bananas. Add eggs (beaten light), sugar, flour sifted with salt and baking soda, and chocolate chips. Pour in greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until the top is golden brown and the middle is done. Slather with butter.

Labels: , , ,

Fiction Faith & Foodies: A recipe for romance in the kitchen...

Friday, September 2, 2011

A recipe for romance in the kitchen...

OK. Here's where I admit that I can't stand banana bread...unless it's loaded with chocolate chips and minus the nuts. I've got a fantastic recipe that's been tucked in my cookbook so long, I don't know where it originated.

And it has an added bonus...Hubby might chase you around the kitchen to lick the chocolate off your lips! 
But if he doesn't, don't be shy!
Enjoy! 




Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten light
3/4 c sugar
2 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Chocolate chips, however many you like

Crush bananas. Add eggs (beaten light), sugar, flour sifted with salt and baking soda, and chocolate chips. Pour in greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until the top is golden brown and the middle is done. Slather with butter.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Now this is the kind of banana bread I could grow to love. Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it. :)

 
At September 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Susan said...

Ohhh, we always MUST have choco chips in ours too! Everything's better with chocolate!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Dana said...

Just in time for Autumn! I love baking when there's a nip in the air. There should be the scent of woodsmoke outside and the aromas of baked goods inside =-D

 
At September 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Hey Kathi. The banana bread? Or the extra smooching in the kitchen! LOL. Enjoy!

Susan, you're sooo right. My hubby puts choc chips in pancakes, too. Yum!

Hey Dana. At 98 degrees, there's no nip in the air here. But my son's headed home today and this is one of his favorites. I have to send him back to the dorm with banana bread and brownies! Thanks for stopping by.

 
At September 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Tracy Krauss said...

I love banana bread - probably without the choc chips! But to each his own!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Christy Farmer said...

Hi Dora, Oooh, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Who could resist?:-) Pleasure to meet you!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Hey Tracy. You don't like chocolate? Or you prefer bb with nuts? Which is it? lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Christy. I can't resist, that's for sure. I'm drooling thinking about heating a piece in the microwave, slathered with butter, to go with a mid-morning coffee break. Mmmm...

 
At September 3, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Nadja Notariani said...

Hi Dora,
I think my boys would love bb with chocolate chips. Wonder why I never thought to add them before...? I think this should have been a 'no-brainer'..especially as chocolate covered bananas are a favorite in this house.
~ Nadja

 
At September 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Oooh, Nadja, choco-covered bananas? My hubby would LOVE them frozen! I'll have to try them. Thanks!

 
At September 5, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Blogger J.L. Campbell said...

I love me some banana bread. Especially like the addition of chocolate chips. Stopping by on the crusade from the romantic suspense group.

 
At September 5, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Hi J.L. Thanks for stopping by today. Nice to meet you. Good luck on the challenge!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home